Either the introduction I had with flamingsword, regarding which of the two, Hermione or Harry, was the Genius or Insane per her LJ icon with a pic of the two and the caption, "One is a Genius, the other's Insane." I mentioned that the HP fanon is wide and varied and they both could be either. I friended her from there.
Or, the one where I talked to Jon's friend, John Smith, (Yes, really.) about Doctor Who love! I got to be waxing tangential with an IRL person about my Who love! Yay!
Your result for The Golden Compass Daemon Test...
You are calm and logical, but not unemotional. You are an introvert, at heart, preferring to read alone than be subjected to the crush and noise of a big party or bar. You have a few friends and family, whose presence you welcome - to a point. Even they can wear on your nerves eventually, and you need to retreat back into your personal space for a while so you can recharge. Your energy comes in bursts, after which you need a long nap or a couple of evenings at home to recuperate.
You are comfortable with yourself, and reasonably confident. You want the friendship and goodwill of others, but you are not willing to sacrifice your principles in order to get it. If your close friends need something that you can provide, however, you will be the first to offer it.
You are a good and sympathetic listener, and are aware of your friend's emotional states. With your very close friends, you will open up, but rarely - you don't like to burden people with your problems. At the same time, though, you are honest and are not willing to alter the truth for the sake of convenience. Among strangers you are reserved, and may resort to making jokes to disguise your true feelings.
While you are not afraid of conflict, you do not seek it, either. When you are hurt or insulted, you feel that you have a choice to make. You can choose to take the up on it and defend yourself, or you can let it pass. Your decision may depend on how well you know the person, how personally you take the insult, or simply what mood you are in that day. Your friends may not always know how you are going to react, for that reason. Whatever you reaction, though, you will be logical, rational and unnervingly accurate: a measured strike.
Your daemon's form would represent your calm, introverted nature, your cool logic, and your impatience with crowds of people. He or she would probably whisper ironic comments in your ear, give logical advice and try to hide his or her soft side from everyone, even you.
Peregrine Falcon, Snowy Owl, Snow Leopard, Siberian Tiger, Osprey.
Amazon.com has removed the sales ranking for books deemed "adult" in the gay and lesbian category, but NOT for the same materials in the heterosexual category. As this qualifies as discrimination, it deserves to be linked like wildfire! Behold:
2) Post this meme with your answers.
3) Provide pictures and the names of the three people I give you.
4) Label which you would shag, marry, and throw off a cliff.
And flamingsword was evil enough to say "Remus Lupin, Dean Winchester and Jack Harkness".
( Hot, Hotter, Hottest )
Actually, I have a fair few icons but this is my most infrequently-used icon. The picture is on photobucket. I took it to the ElJay icon maker and added the border and text. i love it because it's sexy but I never have a reason to be sexy. I also love it because it references the supernatural.
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use, or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free, do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf, to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not, it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Everyone enjoy the holidays!
2. Meet mah LJ friends
3. New HP or Compaq lappy
4. Shiny baubles!
5. Fuzzy socks
6. New jeans (lost a lot of weight and mine are too big)
7. New reading material (fantasy, sci-fi [think HP or Ender's Game] or meditation/spirit guide books)
8. Meet like-minded people in my area/state
9. Car CD player
10. Free space/get yourself something cool!
It can be anything you want - good or bad - BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE.
When you're finished, post this little paragraph in your LJ and see what your friends come up with.
Permission to cross-post and pass the word the Freaking Hell along.
1. Spent the first three months of my life in the hospital, during which I nearly died.
2. Met an alien.
3. Seen Stonehenge.
Three things most you haven't done:
1. Been to Canada
2. Used leg braces
3. Learned to walk when you were 2, not before